Lead Paint FAQ's

Why be concerned about Lead Based Paint (LBP)?

Structures built before 1978 may have paints originally fortified with lead. When lead dusts are created during sanding, drilling or heating during the renovation of a structure, the dust can be inhaled or swallowed. Lead exposure can lead to:.

  • Difficulties during pregnancy and birth defects
  • Other reproductive problems
  • High blood pressure
  • Digestive problems
  • Nerve disorders
  • Memory and concentration problems
  • Muscle and joint pain

Children can be of greater risk to lead exposure as babies and young children often put their hands and other objects in their mouths. Children’s growing bodies absorb more lead. Children’s brains and nervous systems are more sensitive to the damaging effects of lead. In children, lead exposure can lead to:

  • Damage to the brain and nervous system
  • Behavior and learning problems
  • Slowed growth
  • Hearing problems
  • Nerve disorders
  • Headaches

What can I do to determine if my structure contains LBP?

The painted surfaces are tested. Our trained professionals are available to conduct testing, complete a hazard assessment and develop a plan for responding to the hazard if lead is discovered. We can help with this process and are available for free consultations.

Lead from paint, chips and dust can pose serious health hazards if not taken care of properly and can remain in your building long after the work is completed.